Date: July 16, 2015
Location: Burtonsville, MD, US
Job Number: 005
Description: Top PEO, specializing in a broad range of HR consulting services, is looking for a Payroll Specialist to join their team. This position greatly impacts this organization and offers career development opportunities for the right candidate.
Candidates must be within a reasonable commuting distance to Burtonsville, MD. Applicants who reside outside of this area will not be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a dedicated Payroll Specialist to an assigned client base.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits.
- Work collaboratively with other service team (HR, Benefits, Risk) to ensure all client service expectations are satisfied.
- 4-6 years experience processing multi-state payroll.
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices.
- Strong knowledge of federal and state regulations.
- Strong work ethic and team player.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Motivated to deliver exceptional client service.
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills.
- Organizational, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills.
- Desire to be coached, learn and grow
- CPP or similar certification a plus!
Start Date: ASAP